Undergraduate course that have been focused to bridge chemical science with biological science. The course aim to inculcate scientific attitude, build research competency and analytical ability among the students.The course prepare the students for the competitive field of science and curriculum designed to impart current advancement along with basic knowledge thus providing strong foundation in basic and applied science.
Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology.
Bangalore Central University.
- Minimum Qualification required: 10+2 Pre-University Education Board/ CBSE /ICSE or Equivalent certified.
- Minimum Marks Required: 55% (Aggregate) Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any science stream.
- Choice of subject: Candidate opting the combination should have studied at least two of the preferred subjects at the qualifying examination.
- Students can opt for higher education like M.sc in any one of the science discipline in well-known universities or students can go abroad to further enhance their knowledge in concerned field.
- Students can also pursue either M.Sc / Integrated Ph.D degree Program in institutions of higher learning such as IITs, IISc, NCBS, TIFR, JNCSR, JNC etc.,
- Job opportunities ample and wider scopefor students in both private and government sector enterprises.
- They can work as Lab technicians in research institutes and industries for handling sophisticated instruments and generating data. They can become technical assistant, research associate in research institutes. They can also wider their horizon by joining as a freelance journalist, scientific reporter or Business Development Executivein the field of management.
- Job opportunities in agro-based industry, bio-processing, pharmaceutical, chemical, textile, Food processing, environmental pollution management and other organizations of repute.
- Major recruiters include highly recognized corporate/institutes in Bangalore like Biocon, Genotypic Technology, Strand Genomics, Jubilant Biosys, Xcyton Diagnostics, Molecular Connections, GE Health Care; reputed universities and research institutes like IISc, GKVK, NCBS, IIHR, IWST, TIFR, CCMB, CDFD etc.
- Placement cell: Offers training program to equip with pre requisite soft skills for job opportunities to make students employable
- Campus recruitment: The placement cell conducts ‘On campus drive’ to offer employment requirements to students in various diversified companies (Pharmaceutical, Biomedical, Healthcare and so on).
- Entrepreneurship opportunities:
- Introduction of applied aspects across the curriculum provide an adequate knowledge to create self-employment and start up for aspiring students.
- Add-on course implemented in parallel with the course provides hands on experience and additional skills imparted to meet the industry demands.
After completion of the course, a student is able to:
- Pursue higher studies in various renowned universities in India and abroad.
- Job opportunities in research and development orin industries engaged in agricultural and biological products, bio-processing, pharmaceutical, chemical industries and so forth.
- Promote entrepreneurship skills which inspire them to start incubator centre or start-ups.