This is a worthwhile program for those who are passionate about subjects like history and political science. Add to that the subject of economics and you have a very valuable combination that can fetch you the most suitable of jobs or you may go for higher education in a related field. By undertaking this course you get to become aware of the political happenings in the country along with matters on economics. Learning history will help add up to your knowledge about past incidents and events that have shaped our country and the society that we live in today. All the three subjects are interesting in nature and will lead you to graduate with good marks.
History, Economics, Political Science.
Affiliated to Bengaluru Central University.
Pass in 10+2 or intermediate in the arts stream from a recognized school board. Admission to the program is based on marks obtained in 10+2. The course is of 3 years in duration.
- When it comes to the Private sector, Software MNCs and the BT Sectors are the prime recruiters. Web hosting, IT sector, BT Companies are some other sectors that recruits. Graduates may take up the following posts in the above-mentioned sectors.
- The curriculum prepares the students for some of the most popular career options in the field of Industry, Management, Consulting, Law, Teaching, and many branches of public services including civil services.
- Other career paths – actuarial sciences, finance, IES, Rural Development & Public policy, a career as a historian, archival works.
- Teaching in primary or high schools, PU and Degree Colleges
- Centre and state Public Services.
- Work as a research scholar in various departments
- In Archaeology department social welfare offices
- In NGOs
- In women and Child Welfare Departments
- In the Tribal Welfare Department.
After the completion of the course, a student is able
- To impart quality education to those seeking admission to the B.A Political Science course.
- To equip the students to prepare themselves for careers in teaching and research, the Union and State Civil Services, and the non-governmental sector.
- To increase awareness among students on local, national and international issues, and strengthen their analytical skills and capabilities.
- To train students to be good and responsible citizens