Psychology offered with Botany and Zoology provide students with necessary skills and professional understanding of the scientific concepts. With the present scenario of increasing amount of stress in all walks of life, people are suffering from mental health and this course provides the students to be compassionate, committed and interested in serving the society. Botany and Zoology are the basic subjects that involves the scientific study of plants and animals. It covers a wide range of scientific disciplines concerned with the study of structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, biological technology and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups from lower forms to higher forms and sensitises student’s with various contemporary psychological concepts.
Psychology, Botany, Zoology.
Bengaluru Central University.
- Candidate should have a minimum qualification of 10+2 from the Pre-University Education Board/ CBSE/ICSE or any other equivalent examination.
- Candidate should have secured minimum marks of 55%.
- Candidate preferring for B.Sc. PBZ course should have studied Biology as a subject in the qualifying examination.
- The student can be a part of any reputed organization as a Clinical psychologist, Researcher, Teaching career, Forensic psychologist, Psycho-neurologist, Counselor, Explorer, Conservationist, Environment consultant and many more.
- The student has opportunities in public or government sectors as a Project Assistant, Technical Assistant, Field or Scientific Assistant, Research analyst, Technical writer, Operations Manager, Safety managers, etc.
- The student can be a part of any reputed organization as a plant explorer, conservationist, ecologist, environment consultant, horticulturist, plant biochemist, molecular biologist and many more.
- Placement cell offers training program to equip with pre-requisite soft skills for job opportunities to make students employable.
- Campus recruitment: The placement cell conducts ‘On campus drive’ to offer employment requirements to students in companies (Pharmaceutical, Biomedical , Healthcare, so on) .
- Entrepreneurship opportunities: Mushroom cultivation, Bio-fertilizer production, Greenhouse maintenance, nursery techniques, Hydroponics and developing Plant hybrids, Bee keeping, Fish farming, Vermiculture, Sericulture etc. through classical methods, provides an adequate knowledge to create self-employment and start-up for aspiring students.
- The students understand and engage in ethical and socially responsible behaviors for professional and personal settings in a landscape that involves increasing diversity.
- The students demonstrate competence in writing, in oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Students become focused on higher education, which will help to explore Research and Teaching opportunities.
- Students acquire digital skills and integrate fundamental concepts with modern tools.
- Expertise students to prepare and clear competitive exams.
- The students are prepared for industry through curriculum supported with internships, institute visits, field visits, and industrial visits.