The B.Sc. PMEI course offered at mLAC Autonomous is a three-year undergraduate programme affiliated to Bengaluru Central University spread over six semesters. The course has a triple major system wherein students study physics, Mathematics, Electronics and Instrumentation as major subjects acknowledging the inevitable role of this branch of knowledge in everyday life. The Curriculum is framed in such a way that it provides a solid foundation to the younger generation to inculcate the caliber sought by industries and research organizations. This programme places much emphasis on practical skills in the students by rigorous practical training conducted in well-equipped laboratories. The students are trained with different practical, intellectual and transferable skills that they can think critically and work independently.
Physics, Mathematics, Electronics and Instrumentation.
Bengaluru Central University
- A candidate who has passed the two-year Pre-University examination of the Karnataka State consisting of at least two Science subjects as optional (as enumerated under the Faculty of Science), or any other.
- A candidate for the B.Sc. degree shall offer at least two of the optional subjects, which she had offered at the Pre-University examination.
- A candidate offering Physics as an optional subject in the B.Sc. Degree course should have studied Mathematics as an optional subject in addition to Physics as another optional subject at the Pre-University course.
- The degree course enables candidates to go for higher degree program like M.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics and Electronics.
- Students can opt for PG diploma in robotics and many allied fields.
- B. Sc graduates are also recruited in the bank sector to work as customer service executives.
- Students, those opt for this course will have the opportunity to find good jobs in both public and private sectors.
- They can start to own their business such as manufacture electronic parts, goods and components.
- They can also start a repair or assembly shop for television receivers, amplifiers, recording equipment etc.
- After the completion of the B. Sc course, students can work in various areas which include both science & non-science fields.
- The job opportunities available for the students are not only great in terms of salary package, but also a satisfying job experience
Job Profiles after completion of B.Sc. PMEI
- Scientific Assistant
- Research analyst
- Executive (Electrical/Electronics)
- Communication System Operator
- Broadcast and Sound Technician
- Geo Physicist
- Communication Operator
- Television Production Manager
- Audio visual Production Specialist
- Radio Journalist
- Technical Head – Electronics
- customer service executives
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- Investment analyst
On the successful completion of the course, students will be able to :
- Enhance the academic abilities, personal qualities and transferable skills which will give them an opportunity to develop as responsible citizens.
- Apply the theories learnt and the skills acquired to solve real time problems.
- Understand the core concepts of Physical and Electronic sciences.
- Learn how to design and conduct experiments demonstrating their understanding of the scientific method and processes.
- Develop the proficiency in the acquisition of data using a variety of laboratory instruments and in the analysis and interpretation of such data.
- Identify their area of interest in academic and R&D.
- Pursue PG courses in reputed institutes.
- Take up jobs in allied fields and Confident to take up competitive exams.