Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) with a Combination of Biochemistry, Zoology, and Microbiology is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the Bangalore University, Bangalore.
Interdisciplinary Undergraduate course which includes the core subjects as Bio-chemistry, Zoology and Microbiology, with Bio-chemistry and Microbiology as applied life-sciences and zoology as the basic life-science subjects.
Integrates knowledge across these subjects with better understanding by deep dwelling into the theme and promotes application of the learnt concepts.
The course imparts the knowledge with both theoretical and practical skills.
The curriculum is framed to train students and align with the work and career in research and industries.
This course is offered with an Add-On course-‘Clinical Biochemistry’ where this program under the STAR program, beside the core, subjects, students learn techniques and practical skills related to biochemical concepts followed in diagnostic laboratories.
Biochemistry, Zoology, Microbiology.
Affiliated to Bangalore university
A candidate who has passed the two-year Pre-University examination of the Karnataka State consisting of at least two Science subjects as optional (as enumerated under the Faculty of Science), or any other
A candidate for the B.Sc. degree shall offer at least two of the optional subjects, which she had been offered at the Pre-University examination.
A candidate offering Physics as an optional subject in the B.Sc.degree course should have studied Mathematics as an optional subject in addition to Physics as another optional subject at the Pre-University course.
A candidate offering Statistics as an optional subject in the degree course should have studied Statistics or Mathematics as an optional subject at the Pre-University course.
A candidate offering Botany, Microbiology, Biotechnology, and Zoology as optional subjects at the B.Sc. degree course should have studied Biology as an optional subject at the Pre-University course.
- Opportunities in Government and private sectors
- University Professors and Lecturers
- Ample opportunities in industries and allied- Healthcare products, Textile Industry, Cosmetics, Food industry, Wineries and Beverage Industry
- Research project Fellow, supervisor, guide and mentor
- Designated as Laboratory Technician, Research analyst, Technical analyst, Quality control (QC) analyst and technologists, Operation managers, Safety managers, Medical Technologists, Biomedical Scientist, Clinical and Veterinary biologists, Clinical Research Associate.
- Entrepreneurship opportunities
- Science technical writers
- Placement cell: offers training program to equip with pre-requisite soft skills for job opportunities to student employable.
- Campus recruitment: The placement cell conducts ‘On campus drive’ to offer employment requirements to students in companies.
- Entrepreneurship opportunities: Inclusion of applied aspects of science topics across semester syllabi provides an additional adequate knowledge to create self employment and start up’s for aspiring students.
- Pursue higher education (MSc) in Biochemistry, Zoology and Microbiology.
- Can appear for K-SET,UGC-CSIR and UPSC competitive exams.
- Upgradation of syllabus benefit the students to expand the knowledge about the current trends of research and need of the subject into the society.
- Entrepreneurship skills : Inclusion of topics like Mushroom cultivation, Wine preparation, Clinical Biochemistry, and Economic Zoology provides adequate knowledge for the students to create self employment.
- Field visits and industrial visits enhance the student’s acquaintance towards the need and application of the subjects and enhance their skills needed for the requirements of the industry.
- Soft skill developments like presentations enhance their confidence in new scientific methodology.
- Micro-research projects also helps the students to acquire knowledge and add additional values to their resume once they complete the course and enhance their interests towards research culture at undergraduate level.