This is a worthwhile program for those who are passionate about subjects like history and economics. Add to that the subject of economics and you have a very valuable combination that can fetch you the most suitable of jobs or you may go for higher education in a related field. By undertaking this course you get to become aware of the social happenings in the country along with matters on economics. Learning history will help add up to your knowledge about past incidents and events that have shaped our country and the society that we live in today. All the three subjects are interesting in nature and will lead you to graduate with good marks.
Sociology, Kannada, Journalism.
Affiliated to Bangalore Central University.
Pass in 10+2 or intermediate in the arts stream from a recognized school board. Admission to the program is based on marks obtained in 10+2. The course is of 3 years in duration.
Students with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology often secure employment opportunities as listed below:
- Teaching in primary or high schools, PU and Degree Colleges
- Center and state Public Services.
- Work as research scholar in various departments
- In Archeology department social welfare offices
- In NGOs
- In women and Child Welfare Departments
- In tribal Welfare Department.
- In Social Work Department
- Rural and Child Welfare
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Advertising Agencies
- Management Consultancy
- Schools/ Colleges/ Universities
- Government and Political Action Groups
- Journalism & Media
- Media Research
- Medical Aid Institutions
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSUs)
- Education and Child Welfare
- Acquaintance with social transactions, social relations, social formations, social control, social values and culture.
- Knowing the significance of social institution, caste system, religion, nationalism, integrity, equality and justice.
- Ability to follow new stream of thoughts and theories of social thinkers.
- The students will be prepared to enter the journalism field as professionals in media-related jobs
- The students will have an opportunity to write a variety of mass media products like news stories, press releases, advertising copy, articles, columns, features, content writing, translation, and interviews.
- Students can plan and produce emerging media content which includes- Blogs, digital Audio Video, Photography, Social Media, Multimedia, Documentary, and e-newsletters.
- Students will learn ethics, principles, and laws involved in Journalism.
- Students will be able to demonstrate skills in emerging trends in mass media technology.